Terms and Conditions
Full payment shall be made upon enrollment either in cash or personal check. Check payments should be made payable to the order of Alliance Française of Manila, Inc.
Alliance Française de Manille (AFM) reserves the right to cancel or dissolve a class if the number of students fails to reach the required minimum number. In such an event, AFM encourages enrolled students to join another class of the same level and availability. However, if a student cannot do so, AFM shall refund his/her full tuition fee. In case of cancellation of a class, a make-up class shall be scheduled. AFM reserves the right to change the assigned teacher during an ongoing session (if necessary). Every enrolled student is required to obtain the official teaching materials used by AFM. Evaluations are administered at the end of each level of the Common European Framework for Languages (CEFL) to determine the student’s qualification to continue onto the next level.
Student shall be permitted to transfer to another schedule by submitting a written notice:
- Regular Classes: within the first two weeks of the session calendar.
- Intensive Classes: within the first two meetings of the classes.
- Please note that AFM cannot always guarantee the availability of slots. For any transfer, an administration fee of three hundred pesos (P300.00) is automatically charged to the student.
- For classes of lesser tuition fee, amount difference will not be refunded.
- For classes of higher tuition fee, amount difference will be shouldered by the student.
- Transfers are subject to conditions.
AFM shall grant a credit note to a student who has enrolled to a specific session calendar but wishes to defer or cancel his/her enrollment subject to the following terms:
- 100% if one submits a written notice ten (10) days prior to the start of the session calendar;
- 75% if one submits a written notice five (5) days prior to the start of the session calendar;
- 50% if one submits a written notice two (2) days prior to the start of the session calendar;
- 25% if one submits a written notice less than one (1) day before the start of the session and within the first two weeks of the session calendar.
- No credit shall be issued after the second week of the session calendar.
An administration fee of three hundred pesos (P300.00) is automatically deducted from the credit note. The full amount of the credit note can be used only once as deferment payment within a six (6) month period. Credit notes are neither transferable nor refundable. They cannot be used to purchase books nor be credited for private tutorial classes.
Given the difficulty of foreseeing the extent and consequences of the rainy season, The AFM Language Center has decided to issue the following automatic class suspension policy in case of typhoons and/or bad weather conditions. Please take note that classes are automatically cancelled when:
- In case of typhoons, PAGASA issues storm signal N⁰2 in Metro Manila.
- In the event that the City of Makati issues an official announcement for the suspension of classes in ALL LEVELS.